Field Trip Planner
Welcome school groups! We are so excited you chose the Caldwell Zoo as your field trip destination. We hope you have a fun, educational, and safe time here at the zoo. On this page, you will find the answers to all of the questions you might have, field trip resources, and our school program offerings. Our school programs are a perfect add-on to any field trip experience and will enhance any curriculum! We will provide your group with a fun and interactive presentation on zoo grounds. Programs are age-appropriate, hands-on learning experiences that incorporate Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
Important Information for School Groups:
- Caldwell Zoo reserves the right to contact school administrators if misconduct occurs from participants.
- Chaperones should be with students at all times while visiting the zoo and managing their behavior. There should be at least 1 chaperone for every group of 10 students.
- Please do not feed any animal. They are on special diets and anything you feed them could make them sick.
- Stay behind all guard rails. They are there to protect you and the animals.
- Please do not 'tease' our animals. Behaviors such as yelling at animals, banging on glass, or throwing items into exhibits will not be tolerated.
- Please do not bring roller skates or roller blades, skateboards, scooters, or bicycles into our zoo.
- Slam dunk the junk! Trash are widely accessible all around the zoo. Please pick up after yourself and help keep our space clean and safe for our animals.
- PLEASE FILL OUT OUR GROUP RESERVATION FORM BELOW at least two weeks before your date of arrival so our team can prepare for your visit!
SCHOOL PROGRAMS COMING SOON FALL 2019
Due to the renovation of our African Huts, we will not be hosting on grounds school programs for the spring of 2019 but will be opening them up for the fall. Until then, you can find our other resources for field trips on this page and you can follow the link below to reserve an outreach program to come to your school if you are located 1-60 miles from the zoo!
Frequently Asked Questions
You are welcome to bring a lunch, however we do ask that school groups eat in our designated picnic areas located outside of the zoo if you are bringing your own food. These are either located at bus parking or at the entrance of the zoo at the top of the stairs. You are also welcome to utilize our newly renovated Chakula Cafe, located on our beautiful African Overlook. You are welcome to dine at our tables viewing African animals if food is purchased in the zoo.
Health TEKS: Kdg. 4A & 4B, First 4A & 4B