Have you ever thought about having a ferret at your festival? What about a lizard in your lobby? Well the Caldwell Zoo can bring that to you! ZooMobile is available to book for parties, festivals, nursing homes, libraries, and other gatherings. When the ZooMobile arrives, there with be a 30-45 minute presentation and a fun friend to learn about and meet.
Watch for new topics coming soon!
Our transportation system is currently down for refurbishment we will update this page when the program becomes available. Check back for updates.
Organizations can book up to a maximum of 4 consecutive 30 minute programs. The total cost of a program includes the program(s) cost plus the mileage cost.
Example: 2 programs booked 30 miles away would cost $120 (program cost) + $50 (mileage cost) = $170 (total cost).
|# of Programs||Cost|
|0 - 20 miles||$25|
|20 - 40 miles||$50|
|40 - 60 miles||$75|
The ZooMobile program provides an opportunity for school groups to get up close and interact with our ambassador animals. Our ambassadors include a variety of small mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and even some invertebrates. Learn about their amazing and interesting natural behaviors, what they eat and how they are cared for at Caldwell Zoo. Meet our amazing ambassadors and let them inspire you and your group to take action saving animals in the wild at your next gathering!
We will surprise you with a selection of delightful critters; it is not possible to reserve specific animals when you schedule your ZooMobile program.
When you reserve a ZooMobile program, you will select a date and whether you would like us to come in the morning or afternoon. At the time of reservation, you will pay a deposit of $85. Our Education staff will contact you to arrange the rest of the details, and you will be sent an invoice for the remaining balance or can pay over the phone. All ZooMobile programs must be booked one month in advance of date of program.
Before you book, please be sure to read our policies and procedures to make sure we are a good fit for your organization or event. Our ZooMobile programs are educational presentations for organized groups. We do not provide animals for a "petting zoo" experience, birthday parties, or private residences.
What we need from you:
- Air conditioned staging area for our animals
- Access to water
- At least 1 large table provided (6-8 ft preferred)
- An adult representative must be present and is responsible for audience behavior during the presentation
- No other activities may be happening during both setup and presentation
- Ambassador animals must not be within 200 ft of non-zoo animals
- Food and drink should not be consumed near or around ambassador animals during the program
- Presenter will arrive 10-15 minutes prior to program to set up
- U-shaped seating arrangement preferred but not required
- We will be bringing animals that we feel are best suited for programming. Due to the nature of wild animals, Caldwell Zoo cannot guarantee specific animal requests.
- In consideration for the health and safety of our animals, none of our animal encounters are guaranteed and Caldwell Zoo has the right to cancel a ZooMobile ahead of time with full refund.
- At the discretion of our Education Specialist, a program can and will be stopped or cancelled if the ambassador animals' welfare and safety is jeopardized in any way. In this instance, the ZooMobile will not be refunded.
- Forms of payment include organizational check or major credit cards.
- Payments must be collected in full and received no later than 7 days prior to scheduled ZooMobile date.
- The program will be canceled if the payment is not received by this date.
- There will be no refunds for client cancellations on ZooMobile programs.
- When available, rescheduling is possible if requested at least 2 weeks before scheduled visit.
- Caldwell Zoo reserves the right to cancel any program due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, in which case a full refund will be provided.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 903-593-0121 ext. 228.